,

Wednesday 6 March 2013

PHOTOS: Tosin Alakija & Dotun Akinbode's Wedding






















How Tosin & Dotun Met
by Tosin
We met way back while still in the university, I was walking down to the car park when he walked up to me and introduced himself. Apparently, he had spotted me quite a number of times before that day. We got talking and it was like we had known each other for a long time, we became friends and that was the beginning of our journey together.
The Proposal!
We went for dinner…at first I didn’t want to go but he insisted he had made reservations and all, so off to dinner we went. On getting there, we had our main course and then we got to desserts. I noticed Dotun was a bit nervous but then I dismissed it. I placed an order for my dessert (he said he wasn’t having but would share from mine) and I made a quick dash to the ladies.
When I got back to the table, I started with my dessert but then noticed there was something under my table napkin because it was bulging so I reached out to remove the “item” under it and there it was – the cutest little box ever.

For a second I was clueless but then I saw Dotun on one knee, then it hit me – that Dotun was about to propose! I heard him say how he would love to spend the rest of his life with me but didn’t get to hear every other thing he said because I was in tears and so excited. I managed to hear the part where he popped the question – “Will you Marry Me?”, I said YES and the rest like they say is history.
It was a wonderful day of love, joy and celebration as Tosin Alakija and Dotun Akinbode said “I Do“. The beautiful bride was a vision of loveliness in her wedding dress by Bridget Awosika. The groom Dotun was handsome in his tailored black tuxedo paired with a white bow-tie, matching pocket square and an ivory & marigold boutonnière.
We wish Dotun and Tosin a blessed and happy life together as husband and wife.
White Wedding
















Traditional Engagement



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...